Now that we’re in the thick of winter,Â freezing temperatures and dry air wreak havoc on our skin and bodies causing dry skin,Â chapped lips and cracked hands and feet. Â Add seasonal stress to the bone-chilling weather, and you’ve got the perfect reason for a spa day!Â Whether itâ€™s achy muscles, dry skin or winter blues, Haven Spa can offer a solution to all your winter woes.
When youâ€™re not able to hop on a plane and escape to a warm destination, why not come to Haven for a quick getaway? Let one of our Body RitualsÂ whisk you away to a place of warmth and relaxation. All of our rituals include: a rich, exfoliating scrub to slough away dry skin; anÂ aromatherapy-infused steam shower to hydrate, cleanse and relieve those clogged sinuses; and a relaxing massage whichÂ incorporates an enriching and moisturizing body cream, leaving your skin soft, smooth and hydrated. Youâ€™ll leave feeling as if you just spentÂ a week away at an island oasis.
HAND, FEET & NAIL CARE
It is no secret the harsh effects that the cold weather can have on your skin, but the winter months can also wreak havoc on your handsÂ and nails as well. Itâ€™s important to adjust both your skin and nail care for the changing seasons.Â A spa manicure and pedicure at Haven Spa is the perfect solution to keeping your fingers and toes looking healthy throughout the winterÂ months. By adding a warm paraffin dip to your service, you can keep them looking as radiant as they do during the summer months. ParaffinÂ moisturizes dry and brittle nails, soothes tired hands and feet, and protects your skin from the harsh elements of the winter months.
This winter restore your skinâ€™s youthful vitality. Now is the ideal time to make a deep difference in your skinâ€™s appearance. Your bodyÂ naturally enters into its restorative stage during winter, so why not make the most of it with a Revitalizing Anti-Aging Facial? In three simple stepsÂ you can brighten dull lifeless skin, tighten pores and refresh your skin to obtain that youthful glow. Commit to the difference you are lookingÂ for today â€” by spring you will be a New You!
Lastly, a few at-home tips to remember to help keep your skin and body in tip-top shape during the winter months:
- Drink plenty of water. Even though you may not feel thirsty, itâ€™s especially important to stay hydrated during the dry winterÂ months. Your skin will thank you for it.
- TakeÂ a nice warm shower in the morning. Make sure not to make the water too hot or else the water will dry out your skinÂ instead of hydrating it.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.Â Immediately after drying off from your shower, apply a moisturizer to your face and body while the pores of your skin are stillÂ open. This allows the moisturizer to penetrate much more deeply into your skin.
- Exfoliate. Do this for your face and body at least two times a week to get rid of all the dead skin cells. This will allow the skin to absorbÂ your moisturizer more efficiently. Dry brushing before your shower is also a nice way to exfoliate and it gets your lymphaticÂ system moving.
- Soothe those chapped lips by moisturizing with a lip balm â€“ one that contains shea helps soothe chapped lips and preventsÂ further chapping. Use your lip balm throughout the day and be sure to apply it before you go out into the cold.
- Protect your hangs.Â Avoid rough red hands and protect them from the cold by frequently using a good hand moisturizer throughout the day andÂ wearing mittens or gloves outdoors.
- Get plenty of restful sleep. With a rested mind and body, youâ€™ll be ready to face those long, cold winter days.